A curriculum in business subjects was first offered in 1913 through a subordinate school in the College of Arts and Sciences called the School of Commerce and Industry. The first certificates in commerce and industry were granted in 1915. The name was changed to the School of Public and Private Business in 1917. In June 1923, the Board of Regents established a school of business as a separate two-year school of the University and authorized it to confer the degree of Bachelor of Science in Business. The first Bachelor of Science in Business degrees were conferred in 1924. The following year the School of Business was admitted to membership in the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the international accrediting agency for bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business. To earn and retain accreditation, these degree programs must undergo a rigorous initial evaluation and be reevaluated periodically. These programs of the college have been fully accredited since 1926. In addition, programs leading to bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accounting have met separate AACSB International accreditation standards specifically for accounting programs.